High School Student Enrollment
KTC operates on a traditional school calendar with the school year starting in August. Some career majors may have semester openings for students to start mid-year, if space is available. Applications for Admissions will be accepted starting in December for the following fall semester.
Admission is based on completing all of the following steps:
- Completing the High School Application for Admissions
- Completing the entrance assessment KeyTrain pre-tests, ACT, or ACT PLAN
- Completing OKCIS career interest inventory, if needed
- Meeting with a KTC career advisor and answering interview questions
Completion of the application for admissions does not constitute admission to Kiamichi Technology Center or placement on a waiting list for a career major that may be full at the time the application is made.
- If an applicant meets career major criteria recommendations, and space is available, the applicant is notified by letter that they have been accepted and pre-enrolled.
- If an applicant meets career major criteria recommendations, but space is not available, the student is notified by letter that they have been placed on a waiting list and will be contacted by phone when an opening occurs.
- If an applicant does not meet the career major criteria recommendations, a career advisor will contact the applicant and provide options.
High school students are not responsible for paying tuition. However, additional fees, such as, uniforms or supplies are the responsibility of the student. Graduating seniors may apply for the KTC Tuition Waiver Scholarship.
For questions and assistance on applying for admissions to KTC, you may contact the Kiamichi Technology Center you wish to attend. Local high school counselors are also provided information on KTC’s admission process.