KTC operates on a traditional school calendar with the school year starting in August. Some career majors may have quarterly openings for students to start throughout the year, if space is available. Applications for Admissions will be accepted starting in April for the following fall semester.
Admission is based on completing all of the following steps: (exceptions include Practical Nursing and Emergency Medical Services – Basic & Paramedic, Short-Term Classes and Online Classes)
- Completing the Adult Application for Admissions
- Completing the OKCIS career interest inventory
- Completing the entrance assessment KeyTrain pre-tests
- Applying for financial aid
- Meeting with a KTC career advisor
Completion of the application for admissions does not constitute admission to Kiamichi Technology Center or placement on a waiting list for a career major that may be full at the time the application is made.
- If an applicant meets career major criteria recommendations, and space is available, the applicant is notified by letter that they have been accepted and pre-enrolled.
- If an applicant meets career major criteria recommendations, but space is not available, the applicant is notified by letter that they have been placed on a waiting list and will be contacted by phone when an opening occurs.
- If an applicant does not meet the career major criteria recommendations, a career advisor will contact the applicant and provide a referral for free tutoring in the Academic Resource Center.
Adult students are responsible for paying tuition. If a third party, such as Workforce, Department of Rehabilitation Services, Worker’s Comp, TAA, Bureau of Indian Affairs or KTC Tuition Waiver is paying a student’s training costs, verification of sponsorship &/or proof of funding must be presented prior to beginning class.
For questions and assistance on applying for admissions to KTC, you may contact the Kiamichi Technology Center campus you wish to attend.