Kiamichi Technology Centers Agricultural Business Management Program has provided assistance to over five-hundred farmers and ranchers throughout Southeast Oklahoma since 1999. The program is one of seventeen similar programs across the state. The main objective of the ABM program is help agricultural families achieve their business and family goals through improved management, organization, and efficiency practices.
The management plan you develop through the program will be logical, easily maintained and personalized to your management style and resources. The ABM Coordinator will assist you in developing this plan by helping you gather facts and information about your operation as well as identifying and utilizing all the resources available to you.
The ABM program also offers classroom training which enables clients to learn record-keeping skills and interact with other individuals involved in agricultural based businesses. Clients learn how to use records in their financial, tax, and production based agricultural business. Some of the services provided by Kiamichi Tech ABM program that includes in class as well as on the operation are:
- Information and assistance with USDA agriculture programs
- Training and assistance with setting up and maintaining farm record keeping systems
- Farm Services Borrower Training Certification
- Loan assistance
- Alternative Agriculture
- Extensive computer and software assistance
- Research and assistance with equipment and other capital purchases
- Financial and production seminars designed to keep farmers and ranchers current with up to date information
- Assistance with soil and hay testing
- Livestock computer herd tracking programs